· Complying with the following instructions will result in a quick healing process and an attractive tattoo. Remember, the life of your tattoo depends on the care it receives within the first few weeks.
· ALWAYS be sure to thoroughly wash your hands with antibacterial soap before touching your new tattoo. Contact with dirty hands is a major contributor of infection.
· Once your tattoo is exposed, wash it thoroughly with antibacterial soap and warm water. Be sure to rinse away any & all secretions and be sure that all soap residues are rinsed off.
· After washing your tattoo, pat dry with a clean towel, apply a small amount of A&D ointment and massage into tattoo. DO NOT apply a thick coat as your skin must be able to breathe.
· Depending on the nature and extent of your tattoo, it may be necessary to wear clothing heavy enough to protect it, particularly if you work around grease, oil, dirt, metal, etc.
· Be sure that any clothing that touches your tattoo is soft and clean.
· Your new tattoo will develop a layer of dry skin, DO NOT PICK this off. Apply Lubriderm Unscented three times daily until the layer falls off on its own. After the dry skin has fallen off, there will be a period of adjustment for the new skin. It is advisable to Lubriderm during this time.
· DO NOT let the tattoo dry out.
· DO NOT apply bandages as the tattoo needs to breath to speed healing.
· DO NOT rub, scratch, or pick at tattoo.
· DO NOT expose new tattoo to direct sunlight for 3 weeks. After that, you can use sun block (SPF 35 or above) to help keep tattoo from fading.
· DO NOT submerge tattoo in water for 2 weeks. This includes baths, swimming, and saunas. Saltwater and chlorine act as a bleach and can ruin your tattoo and too much water exposure can cause wrinkling and puckering of skin which can also damage your new tattoo.
· The healing process usually takes between 2-3 weeks, but can vary from person to person.
· THE TATTOO IS YOU RESPONSIBILITY ONCE YOU LEAVE THE STUDIO